DOCUMENT CONTROL MANAGER
New Brunswick, NJ
The document control manager position is responsible for overseeing all processes involved in the smooth delivery and recording of all project documents. Accountable to implement and maintain the assigned database ensuring the integrity of documents throughout the project’s lifecycle. This is a five year construction project whereupon work is anticipated to be performed during normal construction work hours (7:00AM – 3:30PM) Monday through Friday.
- Ensures the control and integrity of the assigned database (Autodesk Constructware).
- Ensures that the Constructware system is utilized in conformance with the Design-Builders contract requirements as outlined in the specification.
- Establishes and maintains the work site project filing structure and system for electronic and hard copy documents.
- Ensures current master copies of baseline documents are accurate, maintained and available on the assigned database.
- Performs regular audits on assigned database system and procedures and when required, reconcile records by correcting duplication/obsolescence of document numbers and maintaining the necessary cross reference history database.
- Maintains contacts and working relationships with external (i.e. contractors, consultant, and agency) counterparts to allow smooth flow of information between parties and quality in metadata systems for quick/accurate retrieval of information/data and resolution of inquiries.
- Collaborates with managers and contractors to ensure documents such as RFI’s, Submittals, Drawings, Change Orders, Claims, Invoices, Meeting Minutes, Progress Reports, Progress Payments are prepared and approved in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Assists and supports field site staff when necessary and requested to meet project deliverables.
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Thoroughness & Flexibility
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work effectively with a Team and as an Individual contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Information Systems required (Associate Degree in Construction Management will be considered)
- 2 – 5 years’ working experience in the AEC Industry
- Construction field experience a must (Internships and/or Co-Op Field Experience Accepted)
- Must be familiar with Construction Terminology
- Experience with Design Build Projects a plus
- Experience in the use of Autodesk Constructware Web-based project management tool
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe
$75,000 – $85,000
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical & Dental, Simple IRA with Employer Match, Life Insurance and Flexible Savings Account.