DOCUMENT CONTROL MANAGER
New York, NY
With more than 20 years of dedicated service, Envision’s commitment to client satisfaction has resulted in the successful completion of diversified design, construction, and program management projects providing a variety of professional support services throughout the United States. Envision is headquartered in southern New Jersey, with offices in Philadelphia and New York City.
The document control manager position is responsible for overseeing all processes involved in the smooth delivery and recording of all project documents. Accountable to implement and maintain the assigned database ensuring the integrity of documents throughout the project’s lifecycle. This position assists in educating staff to ensure configuration document flow runs smoothly in accordance with established document control procedures. Assist the project team members in regular internal departmental audits, document inventories and assurance of parity between the document management system and the project repository. This is a fast paced construction management project.
- Ensures the control and integrity of the assigned database and repository document numbering register.
- Ensures current master copies of baseline documents are maintained and available on the assigned database; the project document repository system and hard copy files.
- Assists in performing regular audits on database systems and procedures and when required, reconcile records by correcting duplication / obsolescence of document numbers and maintaining the necessary cross reference history database.
- Assists in the control of new and revised baseline documents, ensuring all current approved documents are available, maintained and accurate.
- Maintains contacts and working relationships with external (i.e. contractors, consultant) counterparts to allow smooth flow of information between parties and quality in metadata systems for quick / accurate retrieval of information / data and resolution of inquiries.
- Provides support, advice and direction to managers and relevant area leads to ensure all baseline documents are formatted, prepared and approved in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Assures document quality to include completeness, accuracy and compliance with established document management policies and procedures.
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Thoroughness & Flexibility
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work effectively with a Team and as an Individual contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering, Construction, Business or Information Systems required (Associate Degree in Construction Management will be considered)
- 2 – 5 years’ working experience in the AEC Industry.
- Construction field experience a must (Internships and/or Co-Op Field Experience Accepted)
- Must be familiar with Construction Terminology
- Experience in the use of Open Text Enterprise Content Management System a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access) and Adobe
$78,000 – $88,000
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical & Dental, Simple IRA with Employer Match, Life Insurance and Flexible Savings Account.