Commercial Construction Inspector
Philadelphia and South Jersey Metropolitan Area
The Commercial Construction Inspector will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day contractor’s execution of the requirements of the Construction Contract, with guidance from the Project Manager and Resident Project Engineer. The Commercial Construction Inspector is instrumental in inspecting and documenting that the work in the field is in compliance with the requirements of the contract, the plans and specifications and the expectations of the client. Work will require on-site project location work in the Philadelphia and South/Central Jersey Area. The Commercial Construction Inspector represents the firm for a multi firm program group and has ultimate responsibility for the team’s performance for field oversight on the project.
- Conduct field observations as part of investigative work required for program management, construction management or consulting efforts;
- Perform field inspection and reporting required for verification of conformance with construction documents;
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on establishing plans to achieve goals or schedules set by the client;
- Ten years of experience in working on demolition, commercial construction and major renovation assignments is required;
- Participate as an active member of a project team and be able to work independently;
- Demonstrate interpersonal/communication skills with motivation and an eagerness to learn;
- On a daily basis, monitor and record all work performed by the contractor and prepare a comprehensive Daily Report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized;
- Identify and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time or cost impact to the work which may result in a change to the contract; call these issues to the Construction Manager’s attention and provide support as requested to analyze and resolve them;
- Monitor the contractor’s maintenance of master As-built drawing information, and advise the contractor and Construction Manager when this information is not being collected and documented per the contract requirements;
- Plan and coordinate all owner provided field testing and inspections, and witness and document contractor provided field testing and inspections, in accordance with the Contract Documents;
- Document the contractor’s daily compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures;
- Monitor the contractor’s compliance with contractual safety plans and requirements, and document and report deviations from those requirements;
- Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, corrective actions, and safety concerns;
- Assist the Construction Manager when requested in collating materials for contract close-out;
- Participate in constructability reviews for new projects as requested;
- Assist in the development of project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards for projects that are under development.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Computer Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency (oral, written and electronic)
- Time Management.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related is preferred
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification
- 10+ years of commercial construction experience including demolition experience.
- General understanding of MEP systems and installations is preferred. This includes radiant floor systems.
This is a full-time position.
Ability to travel to jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits and Flexible Savings Accounts.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.