Construction Inspector is required to have construction inspection work experience on PennDOT projects along with an understanding of PennDOT’s requirements, policies, and specifications.
- Independently plan, coordinate, inspect and/or oversee day-to day project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance through review, interpretation and enforcement of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards. Ensure proper documentation and payment of all contract work.
- Prepare, review and submit project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates. Notify contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
- This position requires travel to project site(s); the candidate must have reliable transportation to each job site.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Communication and Organizational Skills
- Understands construction documents
- PE/EIT/NICET II
- NECEPT Bituminous Technician
- PennDOT Concrete Certification
- ACI (desired, but not required)
- Nuclear Gauge Safety (desired, but not required)
- ECMS, CDS NeXtGen or CDS-V3 experience
- OSHA 10 hour (desired, but not required)
- Thorough understanding of PennDOT procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance & protection of traffic, earthwork, roadway, structure and bridge, plans reading, procedures, methods, equipment and materials is highly desirable.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED or higher
- One to five years PennDOT or similar related construction experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, CDS NeXtGen, CDS-V3 and ECMS is desirable.
This is a full-time or part-time position.
Ability to travel to jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits and Flexible Savings Accounts.