Construction Inspector is required to have construction inspection work experience on NJDOT, NJTA or NJ Transit projects along with an understanding of their requirements, policies, and specifications.
- Independently plan, coordinate, inspect and/or oversee day-to day project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance through review, interpretation and enforcement of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards. Ensure proper documentation and payment of all contract work.
- Prepare, review and submit project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates. Notify contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
- This position requires travel to project site(s); the candidate must have reliable transportation to each job site.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Communication and Organizational Skills
- Understands construction documents
- PE, EIT of NICET Level II are desirable
- NICET, ACI, NJSAT and TCC are highly desirable.
- OSHA 10 hour (desired, but not required)
- Thorough understanding of NJDOT, NJTA or NJNYPA procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance & protection of traffic, earthwork, roadway, structure and bridge, plans reading, procedures, methods, equipment and materials is highly desirable.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree from Accredited Engineering college or university highly preferred
- Two to five years of construction inspection experience is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Contract Manager (Primavera Expedition), CapEx, MURK or other document control software is desirable.
This is a full-time or part-time position.
Ability to travel to jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical & Dental, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance and Flexible Savings Account.