The Cost Estimator is required to create budget estimates using drawings and bid documents created by the design team.
- Performs accurate quantity surveys to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontractor’s work, ascertaining that all CSI categories of work have been accounted for prior to submitting estimate for review.
- Manages time frames to ensure jobs are completed in the most efficient manner possible. Ensures all items that are revised or changed on a project are accounted for and documented.
- Analyzes information and develops budgets, from conceptual stages thru final construction documentation
- Controls project costs by collecting and studying information on design, procurement and construction, and implementing most current data in construction management software system.
- Interfaces with design and construction personnel to produce accurate costs and scopes of work based on project drawings and specifications.
- Problem solves and makes decisions independently.
- Uses and manages computerized software and database systems.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty.
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management
- Thoroughness & Flexibility
- Technical Capacity
- Understands Construction Documents
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work effectively with a Team and as an Individual contributor
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two to five years of estimating experience.
- S./B.A. degree
- Experience in A/E/C industry.
- Experience in using RSMeans Estimating guides, as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills. Attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
This is a full-time position.
Ability to travel to various jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical & Dental, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance and Flexible Savings Account.