Successful projects don’t just happen. They’re built on four basic principles: experience, reliability, responsiveness, and professionalism. At Envision Consultants, Ltd. (Envision), we put those principles to work for our clients every day. Founded in 1994 as a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services.
Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals, and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project.
Despite the incredible challenges the past few years have brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness, and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for the past 29 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
Office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Telework: Mondays and Fridays
The Cost Estimator will create budget estimates using drawings and documents created by the design/engineering team. All levels, trades and specialties accepted.
• Performs accurate quantity surveys to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontractor’s work for project required trades.
• Analyzes information and develops budgets, from conceptual stages thru final construction documentation as required by individual projects.
• Responds to client requests for explanations of cost estimates submitted by the cost estimating team
• Occasionally represents estimating department in project meetings
• Interfaces regularly with design and construction personnel to produce accurate cost.
• Manages time frames to ensure jobs are completed in the most efficient manner possible. Ensures all items that are revised or changed on a project are accounted for and documented.
• Mentors less experienced estimators on the team in best practices of estimating.
• Problem solves and makes decisions independently.
• Uses and manages computerized software and database systems.
• Maintains a high degree of integrity, loyalty and honesty.
• Organizational Skills
• Project Management
• Thoroughness & Flexibility
• Technical Capacity
• Understands Construction Documents
• Customer Service Skills
• Ability to work effectively with a Team and as an Individual contributor
Preferred Education and Experience
• Must have Estimating experience
• Certified Estimating Professional (CEP) certification preferred / not required
• B.S., B.A. degree preferred / not required
• Experience in AEC industry desired / not required
• Experience in using RSMeans Estimating guides, quantity takeoff software such as Bluebeam, as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel desired / not required
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills. Attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
This is a full-time position.
Ability to travel to various jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plans with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits, and Flexible Savings Accounts.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.