Construction Superintendent - MEP
Philadelphia Metropolitan Area
Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services. Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project. Despite the incredible challenges the past few years have brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for nearly 28 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
The MEP Construction Superintendent will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day contractor’s field execution of the requirements of the construction contract, with guidance from the Project Manager. The MEP Construction Superintendent is instrumental in inspecting and documenting that the work in the field is in compliance with the requirements of the contract, the plans and specifications and the expectations of the client. Work will be on-site project in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. This position serves as the primary point of contact with the contractor’s field staff for the Project Manager. The MEP Construction Superintendent represents the firm in the execution and coordination of all field related activities and has ultimate responsibility for the team’s performance on the project.
- Conduct field coordination as part of work required for program management, construction management or consulting efforts;
- Perform field inspection and reporting required for verification of conformance with construction documents;
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on establishing plans to achieve goals or schedules set by the client;
- Experience in working on commercial construction, major renovation assignments and mission critical environments is required;
- Participate as an active member of a project team and be able to work independently;
- Demonstrate interpersonal/communication skills with motivation and an eagerness to learn
- On a daily basis, coordinate, monitor and record all work performed by the contractor and prepare a comprehensive Daily Report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized;
- Identify and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time or cost impact to the work which may result in a change to the contract; call these issues to the Construction Manager’s attention and provide support as requested to analyze and resolve them;
- Monitor the contractor’s maintenance of master As-built drawing information, and advise the contractor and Construction Manager when this information is not being collected and documented per the contract requirements;
- Plan and coordinate all owner provided field testing and inspections, and witness and document contractor provided field testing and inspections, in accordance with the Contract Documents;
- Document the contractor’s daily compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures;
- Monitor the contractor’s compliance with contractual safety requirements, and document and report deviations from those requirements;
- Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, corrective actions, and safety concerns;
- Assist the Project Manager when requested in collating materials for contract close-out;
- Participate in constructability reviews for new projects as requested; and
- Assist in the development of project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards for projects that are under development.
Competencies and Required Skills
- A strong background and understanding of MEP systems in mission critical and commercial applications
- Collaboration Skills
- Computer Skills
- Must be Able to Create a Critical Path Project Schedule
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency (oral, written and electronic)
- Must be able to occasionally work nights and/or weekends
- Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management is Preferred
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of commercial MEP construction experience
This is a full-time position.
Ability to travel to jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits and Flexible Savings Accounts.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.