Project Manager - Rail/Transit
Mullica Hill, NJ or Philadelphia, PA Office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Remote Work: Mondays and Fridays
Successful projects don’t just happen. They’re built on four basic principles: experience, reliability, responsiveness, and professionalism. At Envision Consultants, Ltd. (Envision), we put those principles to work for our clients every day. Founded in 1994 as a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services.
Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals, and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project.
Despite the incredible challenges the past few years have brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness, and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for the past 28 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
We are seeking a talented candidate for the role of project manager with a minimum of 7 years of experience for a position in a location of your choice: either our Mullica Hill, NJ office or Philadelphia, PA office. As we value in-person collaboration, ideation, and mentorship, this candidate must be open to working in one of our offices Tuesday through Thursday and working remotely Mondays and Fridays.
The Project Manager – Rail/Transit is responsible for the daily management of all activities related to the development, execution, and oversight of assigned rail and transit projects. This position requires close client coordination to ensure project deliverables are met at the highest level of quality, and it requires careful oversight and management of project teams and budgets. This position will also be responsible for working on business development and the creation of new service offerings. Successful candidates must be enthusiastic self-starters who can successfully operate in dynamic environments.
- Provide design support for rail and transit facilities, including operations, fixed guideway alignments, and facility designs.
- Perform operations, planning, and engineering studies and analyses on behalf of federal, state, and local transit agencies.
- Perform constructability and staging planning and analysis on rail and transit projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports as required.
- Perform project risk analysis and manage risks throughout project lifecycles.
- Provide project administration to include scheduling and managing project meetings, reviewing and maintaining project records, and issuing timely meeting minutes.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor design and schedule, budget, and safety compliance.
- Lead and inspire internal and external project teams to successfully deliver high levels of performance.
- Effectively manage and delegate workload and hold project teams accountable to high standards.
- Routinely manage client relationships throughout project lifecycles.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of experience preferred. A degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management is preferred, but not required.
- PE and/or PMP preferred. Candidates will be required to obtain a PMP or equivalent certification within one year of hire.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of rail and public transit modes.
- Familiarity with railroad and/or transit operations, engineering concepts, procedures, and practices
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization
This is a full-time position.
Ability to work on job site, travel to various jobs sites, and Envision offices as needed.
Envision Consultants, Ltd. offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, Retirement plans with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits, and Flexible Savings Accounts.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.