Rail/Transit Signal and Control Systems Engineer
Successful projects don’t just happen. They’re built on four basic principles: experience, reliability, responsiveness, and professionalism. At Envision Consultants, Ltd. (Envision), we put those principles to work for our clients every day. Founded in 1994 as a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services.
Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project.
Despite the incredible challenges the past few years has brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for the past 29 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
Office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Telework: Mondays and Fridays
The part-time Rail/Transit Signal and Control Systems Engineer position supports Envision’s FTA Program Management Team on assigned Federal Government Oversight construction and renovation projects.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Experience in Rail Transit Signal and Control Systems on major capital projects
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in designing and implementing electronic and related rail transit signal and control systems, with at least 6 of 12 years in passenger rail or related transportation modes
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering or licensure as an engineer
- Knowledge of and experience with Positive Train Control, Communications Based Train Control, Control Center Engineering, and/or railroad block signal systems, and associated communications and control systems as required by the project
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer is required
This is a part-time position.
Ability to travel to various project site(s) nationwide, and Envision offices as needed.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.