Rail/Transit Systems Integration Engineer
Successful projects don’t just happen. They’re built on four basic principles: experience, reliability, responsiveness, and professionalism. At Envision Consultants, Ltd. (Envision), we put those principles to work for our clients every day. Founded in 1994 as a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services.
Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project.
Despite the incredible challenges the past few years has brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for the past 29 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
Office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Telework: Mondays and Fridays
The part-time Rail/Transit Systems Integration Engineer position supports Envision’s FTA Program Management Team on assigned Federal Government Oversight construction and renovation projects.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Experience in Systems Engineering and Integration on major capital projects
- 6 of 12 years as Systems Integration Manager in passenger rail or related transportation modes
Preferred Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required
- Experience with design and integration of signals, communication propulsion power systems and control center engineering is required
- Experience evaluating and testing engine calibrations with software for real-time embedded systems using model-based software development tools is required.
This is a part-time position.
Ability to travel to various project site(s) nationwide, and Envision offices as needed.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.