Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission, I-78 Maintenance Garage Renovation and Addition
The current Maintenance Garage originally opened in the late 1980s. It consists of one open structure with several small interior rooms. Six overhead doors provide vehicle access to the main areas of the building. Between heavy utilization and outdated construction, the garage has been inefficient in keeping up with current interstate highway traffic demands.
This project involved the renovation of approximately 6,000 square feet of the Commission’s existing maintenance as well as the construction of a 13,000-square-foot addition.
Project elements include:
- Installation of high-efficiency and fully automated lighting, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Expansion of the current salt storage dome vestibule to maximize its capacity.
- Improvement of emergency access to I-78.
- Construction of new storage tanks for brine and magnesium chloride, chemical mixtures DRJTBC uses in winter storm response situations.
- Erection of a canopy between the DRJTBC’s nearby toll plaza and the Pennsylvania Welcome Center that also houses some DRJTBC administrative offices.
Renovations also included the replacement of all exterior windows at Welcome Center and Tunnel Stair Canopy at Welcome Center and Toll Booth for employee protection and canopy access, HVAC equipment upgrades throughout the facility, new direct digital control (DDC) building automation system (BAS) incorporating a state-of-the-art, microprocessor-based control platform with an open communication protocol and remote access, new standing-seam metal roof for the Welcome Center, Toll Plaza, Maintenance Garage and Tunnel Stair. There will also be plumbing chase improvements to the Welcome Center, as well as full site and remote sewer pump station Emergency Power Distribution Systems, site-wide lightning protection system replacement, and a new Fueling Island canopy and Fuel Dispensing Pumps.
Envision provided scheduling services including developing the baseline schedule and providing monthly updates. Further, Envision provided a cost estimate review for the project.
- CPM Scheduling Services
- Construction Schedule Review
- Construction Schedule Analysis
- Review of Monthly Project Schedule Updates
- Cost Estimating