Assistant Project Manager
Successful projects don’t just happen. They’re built on four basic principles: experience, reliability, responsiveness, and professionalism. At Envision Consultants, Ltd. (Envision), we put those principles to work for our clients every day. Founded in 1994 as a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, Envision has forged long-standing partnerships with clients who have relied on us again and again for highly responsive, results-driven services.
Envision works collaboratively alongside project owners, contractors, design professionals, and other stakeholders, providing design and construction support services that are tailored to the unique needs of each client and each project.
Despite the incredible challenges the past few years have brought to our lives and to our work, Envision has continued to grow and expand. Envision is thriving because we continue to offer the same mix of expertise, responsiveness, and reliability that have made us our clients’ “go-to” partner for the past 29 years. And, our recent growth is a reflection of that reliability. We invite you to learn more about Envision and imagine yourself as our next team member.
Office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
Telework: Mondays and Fridays
The Assistant Project Manager assists the project team with the planning, and coordination of activities pertaining to the design, renovation and/or construction of assigned projects. Assignments may start at the conceptual level, proceed through the design phase, the bid and award phase, the construction phase and then closeout and warranty implementation. The Assistant Project Manager would be actively involved in the coordination and management of systems and tasks.
This position may also include responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day contractor’s execution of the requirements of the construction contract, with guidance from the Project Manager or other supervising personnel. This includes being instrumental in inspecting and documenting that the work in the field is in compliance with the requirements of the contract, the plans and specifications and the expectations of the client. Work may require on-site, project assignments in the Philadelphia and South Jersey Metropolitan Area. This position may serve as the primary point of contact with the contractor’s field staff for the Project Manager or other supervising personnel. The Assistant Project Manager may represent the firm to the construction project group and assists with the responsibilities for the team’s performance on the project.
- Assists the Program Manager, Project Manager and/or Client with conducting or scheduling inspections, completing reports, attaining all necessary permits (if necessary) and establishing budgets.
- Assist the project management team with tasks and administration relating to communication and direction with owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Assist with project administration to include scheduling and managing project meetings, reviewing and maintaining project submittal and RFI logs and issuing timely meeting minutes.
- Monitor contractor’s plan, schedule, and construction activities to meet deadlines.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of budget estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports as required.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, regulations and conformance to the contract documents.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts (If required) or revision negotiations to contractual agreements (change orders).
- Assist with the development or implementation of quality control programs.
- Review project safety plans.
- Conduct field observations as part of investigative work required for project administration, construction management or consulting efforts;
- Perform field inspections and reporting required for verification of conformance with construction documents;
- Participate as an active member of a project team and be able to work independently;
- On a daily basis, monitor and record all work performed by the contractor and prepare a comprehensive Daily Report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized;
- Identify and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time or cost impact to the work which may result in a change to the contract; call these issues to the Project Manager’s attention and provide support as requested to analyze and resolve them;
- Monitor the contractor’s maintenance of master As-built drawing information, and advise the contractor and Project Manager when this information is not being collected and documented per the contract requirements;
- Plan and coordinate all owner provided field testing and inspections, and witness and document contractor provided field testing and inspections, in accordance with the Contract Documents;
- Document the contractor’s compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures;
- Monitor the contractor’s compliance with contractual safety requirements, and document and report deviations from those requirements;
- Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, corrective actions, and safety concerns;
- Assist the Project Manager when requested in collating materials for contract close-out;
- Participate in constructability reviews for new projects as requested; and
- Assist in the development of project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards for projects that are under development.
Competencies and Required Skills
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency (oral, written and electronic)
- Effective Time Management
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Ethical Conduct
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 3-5 years of experience in Preconstruction and Construction
- 3 – 5 years of on-site project experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, subcontractors and employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience with document controls software (eBuilder, Prolog, etc.)
- Organizational skills
- Experience creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification
This is a full-time position.
Ability to travel to jobs sites and Envision offices as needed.
Envision offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plans with Employer Contribution, Life/Disability Benefits, and Flexible Savings Accounts.
Envision is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V.
Office Telephone: (856) 223-0800