New Jersey Turnpike Authority, Facilities Improvement Program: Design & Construction
The Facilities Improvement Program is a $500 million program. Final Design began in 2013 and construction was completed in 2020. The principal goal of the Program was to bring the Authority’s facilities on both the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway into a state of good repair. Many of the Authority’s facilities date back 60 years to the opening of the two roadways and were in need of replacement or upgrades. Over the years, various facility modifications and additions have been constructed, all of which were reviewed under this Program.
The Program was comprised of five main components, namely:
- The construction of four State Police stations
- The rehabilitation of toll facilities on the New Jersey Turnpike at 23 locations
- Upgrades to 19 Maintenance Districts located on both the Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike
- The construction of a Backup Traffic Data Management Center
- The construction of a Central Inventory Facility
Program Management/Design: Envision was responsible for developing the design schedules for the New Jersey Turnpike facilities. Specific scope included integrating the individual design and construction schedules developed by the design consultants into the master schedule, and provided technical support in the use of P6 to the design consultants.
Construction: Envision was responsible for the management of project controls. The full-time project controls manager coordinated and reviewed the initial baseline schedules and the monthly update schedules for 25 individual maintenance yards and facilities along the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Envision provided technical support in the use of P6 to the construction contractors. Envision also assisted in the review of the monthly schedule submissions by the contractors. A detailed schedule analysis was performed to mitigate any potential claims.
- Design Schedule Development
- Master Schedule Integration
- Construction Schedule Integration
- Contractor Monthly CPM Schedule Reviews
- P6 Technical Support