Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, Roadway and Bridge Reconstruction – Milepost A31.34-A37.39
This project involves staged construction for full depth roadway reconstruction and widening of the Pennsylvania Turnpike from two lanes to three lanes in each direction and replacement of four mainline bridges.
To complete the widening, the removal of several structures will be necessary, including: a single span steel multi-beam bridge, a single span reinforced concrete T-beam bridge, a three-span continuous steel multi-beam bridge, and a single span reinforced concrete multi T-beam bridge. Construction consists of the following:
- Two single span composite pre-stressed concrete spread box beam bridges
- One single span composite pre-stressed concrete PA bulb-tee multi-girder bridge
- One three span composite pre-stressed concrete PA bulb-tee multi-girder bridge
- Three box culvert extensions
- One arch culvert extension and replacement
- One box culvert replacement
- Five retaining walls
- Seven ground mounted sound barrier walls
- Three monopipe sign structures
- One monotube dynamic message sign (DMS) structure
The contract also includes signing and pavement markings, drainage modifications, milling and overlaying of side roads, and maintenance and protection of traffic.
Envision created the contractor’s detailed schedule by utilizing the Contractor’s estimate information and general guidance. Envision is also reviewing the plans and specs available and create a comprehensive, detailed schedule that meets the necessary spec for the Contractor to construct the project. Monthly updates were also provided to incorporate the Contractor’s status and any other pertinent information available. This allowed those adhering to and accessing the detailed schedule to reflect upon the current status of the project.
- CPM Scheduling Services
- Baseline Schedule Development
- Perform Monthly Progress Updates
- Evaluate Time Impact Analysis for Potential Delays