The Philadelphia Water Department (PWD) Belmont Chemical Building Boiler Replacement
In order to continue the Belmont Chemical Building’s operations at high efficiency levels, boilers, HVAC units, pumps, and other vital pieces of equipment were in need of a replacement or an upgrade.
Scope on this project included, but is not limited to, the following:
• Replacement of low lift pumps and motors at LL Pump Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
• Replacement of pumps and motors, and refurbishing right angle gear drives at LL Pump Nos. LD1 and LD2.
• Replace suction and discharge piping, and discharge check valves at LL Pump Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, LD1, and LD2.
• Furnish and install new roof mounted transformers.
• Furnish and install new switchgear and variable frequency drives.
• Furnish and install new PLC and SCADA system.
• Transfer new and existing control signals to new PLC and SCADA system to fully automate facility.
• Replacement of existing control room.
• Associated plumbing and HVAC work.
Envision provided detailed cost estimates at the 30%, 75% and 100% level for this project to help enhance the Belmont Chemical Building.
- Cost Estimating